In a city well known for only having two seasons (winter and kinda winter), it takes a lot of effort on our part as Edmontonians to make sure we look good when we leave the house in the blowing snow in the morning , to when we get home at the end of the day and it’s +25C in the shade.
Enter: A formidable force of creative prowess, industrious genius, and just some all around awesome folks who substantially contribute to the distinct vibrancy of our city. That’s right, Edmonton’s fashion industry wants to hang out with YOU, you fashionable cat, you. Edmonton’s NextGen presents: DIYalogue Talks Fashion, the next of the 15 minute speed-mentoring sessions that connect you with your community.
Join us on Tuesday, June 25th from 7:00-9:00pm at the ATB Financial Arts Barns (formerly known as the TransAlta Arts Barns), and connect with some of Edmonton’s leading players in our local fashion community. We’ve got a great line up of mentors, so check ‘em out below:
- Kendall Barber – Co-Founder of Poppy Barley Footwear | www.poppybarley.com
- Caroline Gault – Alberta Editor for FASHION Magazine | www.fashionmagazine.com
- Laurie Callsen – Vintage Fashion Blogger | http://www.retro-reporter.com/
- Alisha Schick – Designer, Suka Clothing | http://sukaclothing.tumblr.com
- Julie Morrison – Designer, Majesty Inc. | www.majestyindustries.com
- Kathleen Todoruk – Owner & Designer, Todoruk Designs (Couture Clothing Design) | www.todoruk.com
- Sandra Fernandez – Founder, Western Canadian Fashion Week | http://www.westerncanadafashionweek.com/#/HOME
- Michelle Houle – Model, Phabrik Model + Artist Management | PHABRIK Model + Artist Management
- Michael Meneghetti – Agency Director, Mode Models Edmonton | www.modemodels.com/edmonton
- Maggie Walt – Retailer/Designer, Maggie Walt Design | www.maggiewalt.com
- Kyla Kazeil & Stacey Boruk – Owners, The Bamboo Ballroom | www.bambooballroom.ca
- Jessica Halabi – Designer, Jessica Halabi Fashion | www.jessicahalabi.com
- Janis Galloway – Founder, Dress Me Dearly | http://www.dressmedearly.com/
- Kalie Johnston – Designer | kaliejohnston.tumblr.com
- Andrea Wong, Heather Speers & Robyn Currie , Master Recyclers
- Kelly Bula, Davines Freelance Artist, prior owner YESS Hair Salon
- Robyn Currie, Andrea Wong & Heather Speers, Clothing Swap Master Recyclers
- Amanda Diaz, Fashion Photographer
- Featuring Girls Club DJs and their vintage fashion line, Heirloom Vintage
We’re pretty sure that amazing line up is the only reason you’ll need to grab some tickets and head down with your friends to connect with some of our best and brightest fashionistas, models and local talent.
Advanced ticket for this event ($8 + fees) can be bought online or in person at the Pawn Shop (10551 Whyte Ave) and the Avenue Theatre (9030 – 118 Ave). Tickets will also be available at the door for $10 (cash only).
What’s more, is that by attending our events, you’re also supporting local talent and you know how much we love local talent over here at Edmonton’s NextGen. (hint: A LOT!)
Can’t wait to see you guys on June 25th for a night of couture, Go-See-crets, glamour and FUN!