Edmonton’s NextGen presents Pecha Kucha Night 13, June 6 2012, at the Heritage Amphitheatre at Hawrelak Park. PKN13 features presentations on local ideas, projects and musings in the 20 slides x 20 second per slide format made popular world-wide by Klein Dytham Architecture.
Tickets are on-sale now via TIX on the Square; charge by phone at 780.420.1757 or online at www.tixonthesquare.ca. Tickets are $10 for students (with i.d.) and $12 for adults.
Doors and bar open at 6:30 p.m.; with presentations beginning at 7:30 p.m. Attendees are encouraged to come prepared for the elements.
A bright, massive LED screen, provided by Allstar Show Industries, makes presentations before nightfall possible. Music provided by Justin Foosh (All Out DJs). Two food trucks join PKN for the festivities; service begins at 6:30 pm: The Act and Molly’s Eats.
New for PKN 13, Edmonton’s NextGen is thrilled to partner with Famoso Neapolitan Pizza to offer each ticket holder a gift card for a pizza of their choice at any one of its location. Famoso Neapolitan Pizza encourages all PKN 13 attendees to feed their creativity.
Join the conversation on Twitter, hashtag #PKN13.
Pecha Kucha Night 13 presentations include:
- Ken Bautista – Entrepreneur and CEO/Co-Founder, Startup Edmonton | The Power of X
- Amy Beaith and Mike Johnson | Can Local Food Build Community
- Lewis Cardinal – Indigenous and Cultural Leader and David Faber – Community Leader | Spirit of Edmonton
- Michael Cenkner – Inventor, Educator, Artist | Flower, Power
- Pieter de Vos – Community development practitioner and PhD student in Anthropology | Visual Storytelling for Social Change
- Adam Henley – Student | The Users, Developers and Administrators of Tomorrow’s Virtual Hospital
- Vanessa Higgins – Watershed Specialist | On the edge – self care in a demanding world
- Sarah Jackson – Coffee Boss, Entrepreneur | Coffee, Communication, and being in a digital world
- Omar Mouallem – Associate Editor, Avenue | The Rising Status of Cats
- Nadine Riopel – The Savvy Do Gooder | Savvy Do-Gooders Don’t Listen to 16th Century Religious Zealots
*Presenters appear in alphabetical order.
PKN 13 is Sponsored by:
All Star Show Industries, Capital Power Corporation, the City of Edmonton, Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria, Graphos and Klein Dytham.
Special thanks to Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria for additional prize sponsorship