Whether you’re a professional or amateur photographer – or whether you only just figured out how to turn your camera on – you’re going to have fun taking pictures around your neighbourhood and the city for the third and final Edmonton Community Challenge (ECC) challenge task!
From July 1 to August 19 take pictures of any or all of the items in the Photo Scavenger Hunt list and upload them to the ECC photostream on Flickr. Make sure to name them as the item on the list they represent and tag them “ECC2012″ and the name of your community league (e.g., “Glenora”, “Ritchie”, etc.)
Full instructions including the Scavenger Hunt list are here. Judging will take place the week of August 20. Points earned during this challenge, combined with points earned during the previous two challenges, will be counted up and the community league with the most overall points will get $4500 for their community league to go towards a community project! Didn’t participate in the first two challenges? No worries! No community league is far enough ahead in points that they can’t be beat!
Click here to watch a great promo video for this weekend’s event! http://vimeo.com/42743780
Edmonton’s NextGen, in collaboration with the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues, announces the 3rd Annual Edmonton Community Challenge (ECC). The ECC is a volunteer-driven, collaborative event, promoting community spirit through friendly competition between community leagues throughout the City of Edmonton. In 2012, ECC changes format to a year-round, seasonally-based events competition; in each 3 month season, teams are encouraged to participate in best-of-Edmonton events to collect points towards earning a series of community enhancement prizes. For more information, visit http://ecc.edmontonnextgen.ca/.
ECC Season 1 | May – July 2012
- Event 1: Mitsubishi City Chase Powered by Goodlife | Team Registration via ECC
- May 26th, 2012 | Secret locations all over the city. Start/End point at Churchill Square.
- The Mitsubishi City Chase Powered by GoodLife Fitness is a unique urban adventure that requires participants to exhibit teamwork, resourcefulness, determination and the ability to make decisions on the fly as they search for ChasePoints scattered in unknown locations throughout the city. Think Hard. Play Hard. Laugh Hard. It’s seriously the most fun you can have in your city…without getting arrested!
- Read more about a special promotional discount code for City Chase here: http://ecc.edmontonnextgen.ca/2012/05/ecc-at-city-chase-2012/
- Event 2: Pedal-Powered Smoothies
- June 16, 10:30 AM – 2:00 PM | Sobeys Pocket Park (104th Street & Jasper Ave)
- Hop on a bicycle, pedal away and make your own eco-smoothie! Presented by Edmonton on the Edge, Bikeology and People-Powered Parties.
“The Edmonton Community Leagues are extremely important for connecting and empowering Edmontonians in shaping the future of our city. The EDMONTON COMMUNITY CHALLENGE is an opportunity to connect young Edmontonians with the rich history and ongoing impact that our unique community league system has in making the City a great place to live, learn and work, now and in the future,” ShermanTsang, Edmonton’s NextGen Committee Member & ECC Organizer.
For full details on the EDMONTON COMMUNITY CHALLENGE, visit www.ecc.edmontonnextgen.ca. Teams and individuals are encouraged to visit the website prior to May 26, 2012, for full Spring Season ECC event details.
NEW FOR 2012: No prior registration is required! All team points will be collected and reported by ECC volunteers at each event, look for the Edmonton’s NextGen banner to identify ECC volunteers and check in.