On October 15 & 16, 2013, Edmonton’s NextGen, the City of Edmonton’s Youth Council, The Students’ Association of MacEwan University, and the U of A’s Student Union invite you to attend the 4th Annual CANDI(DATE), a speed-dating style event focused around engaging young voters. Candi(DATE) has been well-attended in the past and represents an opportunity to connect with young voters, hear their ideas and visions, and share yours.
Our city is growing at a rapid pace, both in population and infrastructure development. Increased access to public transportation, revitalizing the downtown core and community growth are issues attracting major attention in the media and on the street. CANDI(DATE) provides a space for you to reach out directly to Edmonton’s young voter population and share your thoughts and perspectives.
Each 15 minute session will allow you to sit down with small groups and speak candidly about your platform and vision for the future of Edmonton. This face-time with candidates allows young voters the opportunity to ask questions on issues that impact their decision to make Edmonton the city they choose to live, work, learn and play in for future years.
- When: Tuesday, October 15th 5 PM – 7 PM
- Where: Heart of the Robbins (Main Floor, Robbins Building) Grant MacEwan University (10910- 104 Ave.)
- Who will be there: Candidates from Wards 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7 and Edmonton Mayoral Candidate
- To RSVP http://candi-date.eventbrite.com/
- When: Wednesday, October 16, 2013
- Where: SUBStage, Students Union Building, University of Alberta (8900-114 St.)
- Who will be there: Candidates from Wards 5, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 and Edmonton Mayoral Candidates
- To RSVP https://candi-date2.eventbrite.com/